Message to Ratepayers
Every year a message to ratepayers is mailed with your combined assessment and property tax notice. This document contains information every taxpayer should no and can be accessed below. This year we have also included a document showing where your tax dollars go.
The following dates should be noted by all County ratepayers:
- March 1 – 10% penalty applied to all
- June 26 – date of mailing of 2019 Property Assessment & Tax Notice
- September 3-- deadline for filing
assessment appeals (60 days from date of mailing)
- September 30 – deadline for paying
- October 1 – 8% penalty applied to
current taxes outstanding
As a requirement of the Municipal Government Act Starland County Council is required to pass a taxation bylaw ever year which sets out the annual taxation amounts on all property types in the County. Click on the link below to view our current property taxation bylaw or search our Documents page to look at previous bylaws.