The sale of 2% Liquid Strychnine Concentrate (LSC) for the control of Richardson’s Ground Squirrels (RGS’s) is approved for the 2021 season. Starland County is participating in this program and will have 2% LSC available to qualifying farmers from March 26th until June 30th. The abbreviated details of the program are as follows:
- The product is only available to Agricultural Producers in Starland County
- Each producer is restricted to 2 cases (48 bottles) of Strychnine per purchase and the minimum purchase is 6 bottles
- The purchaser must sign a document that states:
a) they have a severe infestation as defined by AB Agriculture and Food,
b) they will use 2% LSC only for control of the RGS’s,
c) they will not sell or give away any 2% LSC,
- Provincial Pest Inspectors may inspect your property to ensure that you are complying with all the label directions and conditions of use and registration.
- Any non-target poisonings must be reported and the product cannot be used on any quarter which has burrowing owls or any other species at risk.
- Violation of any of the outlined terms and conditions will result in the purchaser forfeiting the right to any further purchases of strychnine and could result in a fine of no less than $1500.00
Cost of the product is $312.00 per case or $13.00 per bottle
For further information or to book your product please contact Alan Hampton
Agricultural Fieldman Starland County 403-772-3793