Starland County will once again have equipment and staff available to assist with hamlet lot clean-up on the dates noted below. Only domestic waste that complies with the minimum requirements below will be removed by the County. Staff will be available from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
Residents are asked to have the items they wish to dispose of placed at the back of their property, and clearly marked for disposal.
Hamlet of Craigmyle – Tuesday, September 20th, 2022
Hamlet of Michichi – Wednesday, September 21st, 2022
Hamlet of Rowley – Thursday, September 22nd, 222
Hamlet of Rumsey – Thursday, September 22nd, 2022
• All domestic garbage must be placed in a secured bag and left in the alley for collection and disposal, including domestic garbage from your burning barrel.
• Separate wood (treated and untreated), white metal (stoves, washers, and dryers), light metal, brick, glass, tires, and batteries.
• No out-of-hamlet garbage.
• Used oil (only in closed labeled containers).
• Used antifreeze (only in closed labeled containers).
• No items accepted over 4 feet long (maximum length).
• No farm chemicals or hazardous chemicals.
• Maximum weight of 50 pounds (22.6 kg).
A disposal fee and trucking will be charged on the following:
Freon Appliances - $15.00
Other Major Appliances - $ 15.00
Other Large Metal Household Items (i.e. Hot water tanks, furnaces, etc.) - $ 15.00
**Any other item that requires a disposal fee will be charged back to the person who disposes of those items on clean-up days.
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please call (403) 772-3793.
P.O. Box 249