Starland County will once again have equipment and staff available to assist with hamlet lot clean-up on the dates noted below. Only domestic waste that complies with the minimum requirements below will be removed by the County. Staff will be available from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
Residents are asked to have the items they wish to dispose of placed at the back of their property, and clearly marked for disposal.
- Hamlet of Craigmyle – Tuesday, September 21st, 2021
- Hamlet of Michichi – Wednesday, September 22nd, 2021
- Hamlet of Rowley – Thursday, September 23rd, 2021
- Hamlet of Rumsey – Thursday, September 23rd, 2021
- All domestic garbage must be placed in a secured bag and left in the alley for collection and disposal, including domestic garbage from your burning barrel;
- Separate wood (treated and untreated), white metal (stoves, washers and dryers), light metal, brick, glass, tires and batteries;
- No out of hamlet garbage;
- Used oil (only in closed labeled containers);
- Used antifreeze (only in closed labeled containers);
- No items accepted over 4 feet long (maximum length)
- No farm chemicals or hazardous chemicals
- Maximum weight of 50 pounds (22.6 kg)
A disposal fee and trucking will be charged on the following:
Freon Appliances - $ 15.00
Other Major Appliances - $ 15.00
Other Large Metal Household Items - $ 15.00
(ie. Hot water tanks, furnaces etc.)
**Any other item that requires a disposal fee will be charged back to the person who disposes those items at clean-up days.
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please call (403) 772-3793.