Starland County will once again have equipment and staff available to assist with hamlet lot clean-up on the dates noted below. Only domestic waste that complies with the minimum requirements below will be removed by the County. Staff will be available from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
Residents are asked to have the items they wish to dispose of placed at the back of their property, and clearly marked for disposal.
Hamlet of Craigmyle – Monday, September 10h, 2018
Hamlet of Michichi - Tuesday, September 11th, 2018
Hamlet of Rowley - Wednesday, September 12th, 2018
Hamlet of Rumsey – Thursday, September 13th, 2018
• All domestic garbage must be placed in a secured bag and left in the alley for collection and disposal, including domestic garbage from your burning barrel;
• Separate wood (treated and untreated), white metal (stoves, washers and dryers), light metal, brick, glass, tires and batteries;
• No out of hamlet garbage;
• Used oil (only in closed labeled containers);
• Used antifreeze (only in closed labeled containers);
• No items accepted over 4 feet long (maximum length)
• No farm chemicals or hazardous chemicals (must be disposed of at toxic waste roundup)
• Maximum weight of 50 pounds (22.6 kg)
A disposal fee and trucking will be charged on the following:
Freon Appliances - $ 15.00
Other Major Appliances - $ 15.00
Other Large Metal Household Items - $ 15.00
(ie. Hot water tanks, furnaces etc.)
**Any other item that requires a disposal fee will be charged back to the person who disposes those items at clean-up days.
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please call (403) 772-3793.