NOTICE OF ELECTION
Local Authorities Election Act
(Sections 11, 35, 46)
Province of Alberta
Notice is hereby given that an election will be held for the filling of the following offices:
Councillor Division Two (2)
Councillor Division Four (4)
Councillor Division Five (5)
Voting will take place on the 16th day of October, A.D., 2017 between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.
Voting stations will be located at:
Division Two (2) Munson Community Hall, Munson, Alberta
Division Four (4) Rumsey Community Hall, Rumsey, Alberta
Division Five (5) Craigmyle Community Hall, Craigmyle, Alberta
If you are unsure of which Division you reside please download the map below or call our office at 403-772-3793.
NOTICE OF ADVANCE VOTE
An advance vote will be held on Thursday, October 12th, 2017 at the Council Chambers of the Administration Office of Starland County in Morrin, Alberta from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 (noon), and from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
The persons authorized to vote at this advance vote are the electors of Division’s Two, Four and Five in Starland County.
NOTICE OF NEW VOTER IDENTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
In accordance with Amendments made to Section 53 of the Local Authorities Election Act all individuals eligible to vote must now produce identification establishing their address as within their electoral boundary. This can be either government issued photo identification showing both the name and address of the individual or any piece of identification authorized by the Chief Electoral Officer of Alberta establishing the individuals name and address. Examples of approved identification include the following:
• Operator/Driver’s license
• Government photo identification card (for non-drivers)
• Attestation of Identity and Residence issued by the authorized representative of a correctional institution;
• Attestation of Residence issued by the authorized representative (landlord) of a commercial property management company;
• Attestation of Residence issued by the responsible authority of a Supportive Living Facility;
• Bank/Credit card statement or personal cheque;
• Correspondence issued by a school, college or university;
• Government cheque or cheque stub;
• Income/property tax assessment notice;
• Insurance policy or coverage card;
• Letter from a public curator, public guardian or public trustee;
• One of the following, issued by the responsible authority of a shelter or soup kitchen: Attestation of residence, letter of stay, admission form or statement of benefits;
• Pension Plan statement of benefits, contributions or participation;
• Residential lease or mortgage statement;
• Statement of government benefits, e.g. employment insurance, old-age security, social assistance, disability support or child tax benefit;
• Utility bill, e.g. telephone, public utilities commission, television, hydro, gas or water; and
• Vehicle ownership or insurance certificate.
PLEASE NOTE THAT OTHER FORMS OF IDENTIFICATION WILL BE ACCEPTED SO LONG AS THEY CONTAIN THE INDIVIDUALS NAME AND ADDRESS. ADDRESSES IN THE FORM OF P.O. BOXES WILL BE ACCEPTED SO LONG AS THE P.O. BOX LISTED IS WITHIN A REASONABLE DISTANCE OF THE ELECTORAL WARD.
Dated at the Village of Morrin, in the Province of Alberta, this 29th day of September, A.D., 2017.